join the club!
Find A Doula
What is a Doula?
Questions to Ask a Doula
DGSL Sponsors & Resources
Become a Member
Come to a Meeting
Emily, Birth Doula, LLC
Birth with strength, grace, and support.
The strength of a laboring mom's mind, body, and spirit is a force like no other. Pregnancy, labor, birth, and parenting are places where grace abounds. Our need for support and connection to others comes alive in an awe inspiring way through this season of life.
Since high school I've been drawn to pregnant women and their families. After college, I began an ongoing process to find my niche in this area of work. Each of my own pregnancies and births have changed me in a tremendous way. Each time I was brought to a place of recognizing that I didn't have control and my only option was to surrender. Seeing God carry me through these vulnerable moments has been life changing. After attending the births of a handful of friends, I decided I wanted further training in birth work. In October of 2017, made entirely possible by a generous gift from my dad, I attended a Birth Doula Workshop. I fell even more in love and knew I wanted to make this my work someday, but at that time it still needed to be an on the side gig as we relied fully on my nursing job for income. Much to our surprise,
2 months later
I was able to quit my nursing job and jump into my doula business. I'm honored and my heart overflows with thankfulness each time a family invites me to their birth.
Experience, Education, and Training
- DONA Birth Doula Workshop, October 2017
- 10 years of nursing experience, a little in Labor & Delivery, a lot in Mother/Baby
- Childbirth Educator at Mercy Birthing Center
- Completed Spinning Babies Workshop, September 2017
- My personal births (all 4 unmedicated, 3 in a hospital, 1 in a birth center)
- Breastfeeding training
- Postpartum Depression/Anxiety/OCD
- Hospital and birth center births
- Cesarean, vaginal, and VBAC births
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Single mothers
- Baby wearing
Birth Doula Package - $800
- Initial meet up to see if we’re a good fit (no fee)
- 2 Prenatal visits (can do 3 if necessary) to discuss birth plan, comfort measures, roles of your support team, education and resources, concerns or fears, and more
- Ongoing support via phone call/text throughout pregnancy
- Continuous support throughout labor, usually beginning at home
- Taking photos with your camera
- 1 to 2 hours of support after birth to help with breastfeeding
- 1 to 2 postpartum visits
I’ve lived in the St. Louis area for all of my life, except for 4 years of college at a small school in Oklahoma. My husband Taylor and I live in University City with our 4 wild and lovely kids. Some things in life that fill me with warmth.... sleeping in, being outside, cooking, fiddling with my plants, date nights, God, fireworks, making lists, manicures, grocery shopping alone, asymmetry, not cleaning, driving fast - windows down - music up, the wrinkles from smiling around my husbands eyes, and my kids' belly laughs.
Thanks so much for reading! Call, text, email or message me and well find a time to get together.
Indicates required field
Proudly powered by